Scottish Hockey, in partnership with sportscotland, is seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer.
This is a challenging post, in a National Leading Sports Body providing a major leadership role in Scottish Sport at a time of great opportunity provided by the Games of London 2012 and Glasgow 2014.
Scottish Hockey is a non for profit organisation led by a volunteer Board of Directors, to whom the post reports.
To enhance the interests of Scottish Hockey the CEO has a responsibility to:
- Provide vision, leadership and direction to the company and the sport
- Provide high level support to the President and the Board
- Co-ordinate relationships with member clubs and external agencies
- Represent Scottish Hockey nationally and internationally
- Lead and manage the delivery of the business plan.
- Monitor organisational performance
- Ensure effective, efficient and economic use of resources
- Establish policy
- Manage a team
To be considered you should have:
- proven leadership experience
- proven strategic, financial and operational experience
- proven managerial experience and organisational skills, including the ability to delegate , and to work closely with a Board
- enthusiasm & self motivation
- willingness to work flexible hours
- excellent communication skills including dealing with politicians, media and sponsors
- preferably, experience with non-for profit /Volunteer organisations
The position is currently based in Edinburgh but will move to Glasgow Commonwealth Games Hockey facility in the first quarter of 2013.
Salary range circa £42k per annum plus benefits.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV and letter of interest explaining why the candidate should be appointed.
For information see our web site http://www.scottish-hockey.org.uk/ or contact Brent Deans, CEO Scottish Hockey Union, on 0131 453 9070 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 18th April 2011, 5:00pm
Interviews will take place on 4th & 5th May 2011