Assistant Hockey Development Officers
25hrs per week, initial 6 month post, minimum wage
Scottish Hockey are looking for Assistant Development Officers to support local schools and Sports Development Teams to develop the organisation and participation in hockey across Scotland.
Successful applicants will trained as Level 1 Hockey Coaches as well as receiving First Aid and Child Protection training
Day to day tasks would include:
- Organising and delivering taster sessions in local primary schools
- Organising and delivering after school clubs for Active Schools, Sport Development or local hockey clubs
- Promoting the local hockey club at schools.
- Monitoring the participation in hockey
- Ensuring that all child protection procedures are followed
Individuals with an interest in hockey or sport in general may find this position particularly attractive; however, this is not a prerequisite of the post.
Full particulars and application forms are available from Scottish Hockey’s website, by following the links at:
To be eligible for the position you must be 18-24 years old, and on job seeker allowance for a minimum of 6 months. See your Jobcentre Plus Personal Advisor for more details
Positions are available in
- Aberdeen City
- East Lothian
- Glasgow *2
- Perth and Kinross
- South Lanarkshire
Closing date for applications is 26th September 2011. Applications must be directed to your local Job Centre Plus. Scottish HOckey is unable to accept direct applications.
Source: Scottish Hockey