Do you want to make a significant impact in developing sport across South Wales?
Regional Delivery Manager – South Wales Region
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 per annum. Full time, permanent contract.
Location – Hockey Wales Head Office in Cardiff with extensive travel across the region
Hockey Wales is the National Governing Body of Sport for Hockey in Wales. VISION 2020, Hockey Wales’ Vision presents Hockey in Wales with an exciting opportunity to make a real difference and a fantastic platform to steer our sport in a diverse, dynamic and driven way.
Based at the Hockey Wales HQ in Cardiff, reporting and working closely with the Head of Development, the post holder will be accountable for driving forwards the development of Hockey across South Wales.
The post holder will lead the Regional Hockey Agent team to achieve ambitious targets and translate the national strategy into regional and local delivery. Developing relationships at a senior level with Clubs, Sport Wales, Local Authorities, and other significant partners to support and expand the delivery of Hockey across South Wales will also be essential to the success of this role.
We are inviting applications from motivated and passionate sports development professionals to join the Hockey Wales team.
The successful candidate will need:
- Excellent working knowledge of sports development/club development structures at a local and/or regional level
- Experience of successfully leading and developing a team
- The ability to understand national strategy and apply it effectively to the planning and delivery of activity in the region
- Strong negotiation, influencing and partnership working skills
- Driven and focused in delivering targets
- The ability to interpret local/regional needs, understand partner/customer requirements and identify trends and generate solutions
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
For an informal chat about the role or for any questions related to the post please contact Caroline Spanton, Head of Development on 07974 783753.
For an information pack and an application form please e-mail Jane.Price@hockeywales.org.uk
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th April 16:00. Interviews will be held on the 8th and/or 9th May in Cardiff.
Hockey Wales is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering our Equity Policy. Hockey Wales kindly thanks Sport Wales for their financial support for this post and the development of Hockey across Wales