The Irish Hockey Association is seeking to appoint a senior men’s full time national coach to lead the Irish Men Hockey’s Team towards achieving its strategic objectives.
It continues to be the objective of the Board of Irish Hockey, in line with our strategic plan, to compete for medals at World and Olympic level tournaments.
National Head Coach & Director of Player Performance (Men)
- Head Coach to National Senior Men Squad
- Provide Leadership and support to Head Coaches of other Irish National Male Squads
- Develop and Manage the program, budget and staff of the senior squad
- Develop the programmes for all HP squads (Male). in conjunction with the respective coaches.
- Be a key participant in the submission of government funding agency applications
- Utilise the IHA Long Term Player Development programme, in conjunction with the Provincial programmes and IHA Coach Education structure to maximise the potential of future international athletes.
- Participate in the development of a High Performance Programme for Irish Hockey.
The Required Candidate
The successful candidate will be an experienced, driven, detail-focused and disciplined self-starter who is committed to bringing team success to the national team and developing the best of Ireland’s elite talent.
To be successful in this role, a candidate will ideally have:
- Level 3 and/or FIH coaching qualifications or equivalent (or working towards them)
- Proven record of success in international hockey
- Proven methodologies in the development of elite talent and performance
- Understanding of sports science principles in modern day athlete development
- Exceptional people skills, with an emphasis on the management of player and coach personnel
- A competent knowledge of the latest technical software supports systems.
- Superior organisational and communication skills
- Be an integral member of the IHA professional staff team
The contract role is through the Olympic cycle of 2016, with annual reviews.
The process of reporting will be as determined by the Board of Management of the IHA.
This is a full time position with a remuneration that will be commensurate with experience. It is conditional that the successful applicant must be able to live and work in Ireland.
Closing date for applications is Monday 20th January 2014.
To apply for either of these positions, please send your CV in the strictest of confidence to Mike Heskin CEO, Irish Hockey Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Mike Heskin, Irish Hockey Association, Newstead, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4