Hockey 62 and the Special Project Committee are organising the third U12 European Hockey Festival in Calais, France which starts today and will go on for the whole of Easter weekend (19 – 21 April 2014)
The Festival will gather 8 teams of young boys and girls not older than 12 from 8 different European countries. T
This Festival offers the participants full board for the 3 days, so the only cost the delegations have to cover are the travel expenses! This is a great opportunity for young children to travel, interact with different cultures, have a fun and of course, play hockey!
Some of the activities planned:
• The best player (hockey workshops, etc.)
• The best food and the best Cheese (Saturday evening party)
• The best « national » team (5 a side mini tournament)
• The best « European » team (5 a side mini tournament with mixed teams with players from different countries)
• The best show (5mn special show to tell about your country on Sunday evening)
• The best U16 umpire (umpiring and behaviour during the festival)
• The most helpful country
The aim of the festival is to work on a five a side game concept on a 20 x 40 m field within a festival for U12 kids.
The EHF is delighted to announce that whilst we will be launching the EHF Solidarity Grant system in 2021, the hockey players in Georgia will be the first to receive a much needed boost with sticks and balls coming directly from the EHF in the coming weeks! Recently...