The EHF Indoor Competitions Committee met in EHF Office in Brussels, BEL on Saturday, May 10, 2014.
The meeting was chaired by Walter Kapounek (Chair) and attended by Casper Guldbrandsen (Secretary), Scott Baird (SCO), Stefan Chavdarov (BUL), Alberto De Frutos (ESP), Olena Haras (UKR), Assunção Pinto (POR), Marion Rodewald (GER), Marco Saviatesta (ITA), Igor Shiskov (RUS), Jan Vymazal (CZE) and Dariusz Kurc (EHF Competitions Manager).
Jorge Alcover (EHF Vice President) was also in attendance for the meeting.
The main discussion points of the meeting were:
• The committee reviewed Tournament Directors’ reports from all Indoor Club and Indoor Nations tournaments held in 2014 and noted that many well organised tournaments had been held at some excellent venues across Europe. For future events there needs to be well working IT infrastructure to support the EHF project results and Tournament Management System (TMS).
• The committee also received a report on any disciplinary incidents which took place at these tournaments and also any withdrawals of teams which occurred.
• Entries and applications to host all EuroHockey Indoor Club tournaments (Women and Men) in 2015 were considered by the committee and decisions were made regarding host venues for all tournaments. Draws were also made where required in order to determine ranking positions in lower divisions. Full details will be available shortly in a separate bulletin.
• Entries and applications to host all EuroHockey Indoor Nations tournaments (Women and Men) in 2016 were considered by the committee, and recommendations were made to EHF Executive Board on host venues for all tournaments. Draws were also made where required in order to determine ranking positions in lower divisions.
• The committee received a report from the Chairman on EHF Executive Board meetings in 2013/14.
The next meeting of Indoor Competitions Committee will be held on May 09, 2015 in Brussels.
EHF/May 12, 2014
Christmas comes early for Georgian Hockey!
The EHF is delighted to announce that whilst we will be launching the EHF Solidarity Grant system in 2021, the hockey players in Georgia will be the first to receive a much needed boost with sticks and balls coming directly from the EHF in the coming weeks! Recently...