This past weekend, March 22nd – 23rd, five nations met in Croatia to discuss cross border partnership opportunities and plan for the next 2 years.
Representatives from Croatia, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Serbia and EHF debated many points but the key areas covered were the following
Development and Education Opportunities
• Growing the number of players especially female players
• Improving the infrastructure especially pitches and lighting
• Training the workforce to sustain and deliver growth
• Promoting Hockey 5s
• Promoting Para Hockey
Competitions Regional and Continental
• Growing the entries to EHF competitions
• Improving the standard and offering of regional competitions: Club Interleague, National teams cooperation and hosting vs travelling.
EHF Vice President Carola Meyer attended the meeting alongside Executive Board Member and Development Committee Chair, Gianni Rossi, Norman Hughes (Development and Education Manager) and David Voskamp, Competitions Coordinator.
EHF wishes to sincerely thank Croatia for hosting and organising the event with a special mention to Slaven Zlatar for all his work. We also thank every delegate for giving up their valuable time to work together!